Friday, April 23, 2010

Asparagus Slaw

I didn't know people ate asparagus raw, but this was so good. If you tossed it with pasta and some halved cherry tomatoes, it would be a great, light summer entree.

Asparagus Slaw
by Jolynn Shull

2 lbs. asparagus, shaved with vegetable peeler (or sliced thinly lengthwise with a knife)
1 cup parmesan, freshly shredded
2 tbsp. water
3 tbsp. lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix parmesan, water, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl until well combined. Toss with asparagus, and add salt and pepper to taste.

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of eating raw asparagus - I'll have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I found this website via someone else's, and I just thought I would say, we tried to do a ward website too, so its not the first! ;) Just kidding. These recipes look great. I'm excited to try a few! Here is a link to the website that we did while we were there. I need to add a few more recipes that I've tried lately.
    http://recipechicks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, I love this salad! It's awesome. Crunchy, tasty, and surprising! Thanks for the good recipe!

    ReplyDelete